Summer Pet Care Tips For Puppies!
Puppies make the home happy and are also loved by children! The summer heat can make us happy for the first few days as we get relief from the winter chill, but puppies require additional pet care in the summer. Check out these puppy pet care tips to keep your pet healthy and active during the summer season.
How do I care for puppies in summer?
1. During the summer, dehydration is not a common health problem in humans but also in pets. Water your puppy at frequent intervals or put a bowl of fresh water in front of your puppy each time.
2. Give goat milk instead of cow milk for newborn puppies. Cow’s milk can be allergic to the newborn puppy. If using powdered milk, use distilled water to prevent diarrhea in the puppy.
3. Puppies also have a fur coat to protect their skin from the sun, but their skin needs sun protection. If your pet has fair skin and thin hair, it is best to keep them indoors during the day and protect them from sunburn.
4. Include chicken broth or yogurt in puppy food to keep them hydrated and active.
5. Puppies with too much fur should be well groomed in summer. Furry dog breeds should be trimmed well this season as the thick fur makes them feel hotter. It also makes it a home for bacteria and parasites.
6. Few breeds of puppies are prone to overheating. It is best to keep them in a cold room. For example, pugs, bulldogs, and Pekingese should be kept in an air-conditioned room during the summer.
7. To keep your puppy cool during the summer, one of the pet grooming tips is to bathe your puppy every day. Use baby shampoo to clean the fur.
8. If your puppy is lazy or is vomiting, has a rapid heartbeat, or a high fever, see your veterinarian as these are symptoms of heat stroke, a common summer pet health problem.
These are some summer pet care tips for owners who have puppies. Puppies are sensitive and need special attention. Keep them in a clean and cool place in the summer and don’t forget to take them out in the evening. Exercise will keep the puppy active and healthy.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You have already subscribed